8 Signs you're crypto-obsessed
Jan 10, 2018, 9:00:23 AM Published By Wirex Team
The cryptocurrency market has been crazy this year. Its easy to see why many people are obsessed with Bitcoin and altcoins. Relatively speaking, its a new arena. Its constantly evolving. Its open to anyone with the time and money to get involved - and its always exciting to be an early adopter. It can be complicated and takes hard work to fully understand. Bitcoin is also a controversial, divisive topic which lends itself to strong opinions and heated discussions. Here are 8 signs youre crypto-obsessed.
1. Youve signed up to multiple wallets, exchanges, Bitcoin debit cards and other technologiesYou have compared the pros and cons of each and debated their merits in search of the best.
2. You have to check out new cryptocurrencies and diversifyThe number of cryptocurrencies available online is changing every day. As of late mid-December 2017, Coinmarketcap.com lists 1368 cryptocurrencies. Youre quick to assess the merits of new cryptocurrencies and to buy those you see as promising.
3. You have a pre-prepared Bitcoin elevator pitchWhen you meet someone who doesnt understand Bitcoin or why its significant, you have a pre-prepared speech explaining what it is, the benefits and why they should get involved. You also enjoy correcting peoples misconceptions.
4...And pre-prepared answers toFAQsabout BitcoinAfter your elevator pitch, you know which questions you are most likely to hear:
- So what does mining mean anyway? Where does Bitcoin come from?
- Is Bitcoin real money though?
- How do you use Bitcoin?
- What, you mean there are no banks involved? What about the government?
- What if someone hacks your wallet and steals all your Bitcoins?