As bitcoin gains popularity, there are more and more businesses around the world accepting bitcoin. Just doing a general search online will also reveal a number of places that accept bitcoin as it becomes more integrated into our everyday lives. If you run a business that accepts currency for products and services, you too can accept bitcoin for your business – regardless of whether it’s a brick and mortar business or based online. All it requires is a simple bitcoin merchant integration and you’re set.
Accept Bitcoin For Your Business
Businesses can accept bitcoin as a method of payment as it has been declared an acceptable form of currency, but it’s often viewed more as a kind of commodity. There is a lot of mystery surrounding bitcoin but this doesn’t mean that it’s not a viable source of payment, it’s quite the opposite. There are many places that accept bitcoin today and the numbers keep on rising.
As a business, you can choose to accept bitcoin as payment for services rendered or products bought, and there are loads of ways you can do that. Integrating bitcoin into your business will require some administration, but it’s easy enough to set up:
- To start with, you’ll need to set up the logistics in the background that make transactions possible
- You’ll also need to advertise to your customers that you now accept bitcoin as a method of payment. If you’re an online business, you can add the bitcoin logo to your website, or to the checkout page if you’re an online store
- As a brick and mortar business, you can use touchscreens at a till point that allow users to scan QR codes for payment
- You’ll need to advise your accountant on the new addition to your accepted means of payment so that there is a way to keep track of your earnings
- When it comes to paying tax, you can treat your bitcoin income much like you do cash transactions where there is no paper trail
The protocol involved for setting up bitcoin as a payment method differs from business to business, from one niche to another and also from online businesses to land-based businesses.
You can also accept donations for your website in Bitcoin. If your website is currently accepting donations, consider adding Bitcoin donations.
Read more about how to accept bitcoin for your business.
Places That Accept Bitcoin
The number of places that accept bitcoin is rising with every day. It’s also not only online stores that accept bitcoin as a method of payment. Many land-based businesses are offering bitcoin as a payment method too. From food suppliers to online stores, computer supply companies to an art gallery in the UK – a first in that niche.
Payment in bitcoin is becoming a more prevalent reality. Read more about which places are accepting bitcoin.
Bitcoin Merchant Integration
By opting to accept bitcoin for your business, you are helping the cryptocurrency gain even more momentum. You’re creating even more places that accept bitcoin and raising awareness about a digital currency that could be the way of the future.
The easiest way to integrate a bitcoin payment method into your business is to make use of a bitcoin payment API. This will be set up with all the pre-determined functionality required for successful transactions. You can also accept payments manually or you can automate it to a degree (without using an API) by generating a list of bitcoin addresses that can be stored on your server and sent out individually every time a payment is required.
Read more about bitcoin merchant integration.