Once you've sent a crytpocurrency payment from Wirex to an external crypto address, transfer details (such as amount of crypto sent, sending/receiving crypto address, the date of transfer) can be found on the blockchain. This information is then publicly available and given its own transaction ID - or TXID. TXIDs are also sometimes referred to as hashes or transaction hashes.
At times, the recipient of your cryptocurrency transfer may request this transaction ID from you - typically to confirm you've sent the payment successfully. This transaction ID is safe to share: no personal information is sent from your Wirex account to the blockchain.
How to find the transaction ID
- Visit blockchain.info or an alternative public blockchain explorer to view and search all previous crypto payments made on the blockchain.
- In the 'Search' area, you'll need to enter information that is specific to your crypto transaction. This is usually the crypto address you made the payment to.
- When you select 'search', all crypto transactions that involve that address will be displayed, newest to oldest.
- The easiest way to navigate to your particular transaction is to use your browser's 'Find' feature to search for the exact crypto amount you sent. This is usually under 'Edit > Find', or you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + F (macOS) or Control + F (Windows).
- Once you have located your transaction, the transaction ID is displayed as a long string of letters and numbers in the grey bar above the transaction amount
- To view the full details of the crypto payment, click the transaction ID link.