This page sets out the Terms and Conditions (the ‘Terms’) that apply to the ‘Plant a Tree for Xmas’ Campaign (the ‘Competition’).
1. Wirex Limited (CRN 09334596), whose registered office is 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN is the promoter (‘the Promoter’) of the Competition.
2. The Competition will begin on 4th December 2020 11am GMT and last until 24th December 2020. All entries must be received by the 24th December 2020 at 23:59 (the ‘Closing Date’).
3. The Competition is open to all verified Wirex account holders in any region.
4. In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so, if you do not meet the eligibility criteria as a verified Wirex account holder, you will not be entitled to any Prize set out in term 9 below.
5. By entering the Competition you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms.
6. Wirex users who would like to participate in this Competition (the “Participants”) will be required to complete the following steps:
a. Plant any tree in any location
b. Take a picture of themselves with the newly planted tree
c. Publish the picture on the Participant’s personal Twitter or Instagram account and tag or link, the Official Wirex Twitter account (@Wirexapp) or the Official Wirex Instagram account (@Wirexapp) (the “Submission”)
d. Include the hashtag #PlantATreeForXmas
7. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for Competition entries that are lost or delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
8. Joint Submissions will not be accepted.
9. Out of all Submissions received by the Closing Date, the Wirex Team will choose three Winners (the “Winners”), one Grand Prize Winner, one Second Prize Winner and one Third Prize Winner.
9.1 The Winners will be contacted after the 24th December 2020 via the respective social media channel on which they have participated.
9.2 The Submissions will be judged according to the criteria set out in Term 10 below, at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
10. All Submissions will be considered for the Grand Prize, Second Prize and Third Prize. The criteria for each Prize are set out below:
a. Grand Prize Winner; The Participant who summitted the best Submission, to be selected and judged by the Wirex Team at their discretion, taking in to account the surroundings, setting and creativity of each Submission. The Grand Prize will consist of 30,000 WXT and £50 Amazon Voucher.
b. Second Prize Winner; The Participant who has planted, documented and Submitted the highest number of trees. The Second Prize will consist of 10,000 WXT.
c. Third Prize Winner; Participant who planted, documented and Submitted a tree the furthest, in terms of distance, from Cyprus. In order to be eligible for the Third Prize the location of the planted tree must be clearly indicated as part of the Submission. The Third Prize will consist of 10,000 WXT.
11. Each Winner will receive the applicable Prize within 12-15 working days of being contacted by the Wirex Team and informed of their Prize.
12. The applicable Prize will be credited to the Winners’ users WXT account. The Prize can be converted into fiat currency through the Wirex App at any time, at the Winner’s discretion.
13. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, revise any of these Terms or terminate this Competition at any time without prior notice.
Limitation of liability:
14. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking part in the Competition, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Ownership of Competition entries and intellectual property rights:
15. All Competition entries, photographs and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
16. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website wirexapp.com and any other social media channels, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
17. The Competition is launched by the Promoter independently. There are no partnerships between the Promoter and any merchant. The Promoter has the sole discretion to modify these Terms at any time.
18. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any Submission or Participant from the Competition.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
20. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify any Submission or Participant if such is, or may be considered contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
21. Competition entries cannot be returned or withdrawn.
22. These Terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.