As a regulated institution, we are required by law to verify the identity of all customers. This helps us keep your money safe, and prevents criminals from using the Wirex platform for illegitimate purposes. All users must get verified before you can start using all Wirex’s features.
When it’s time to get verified, you’ll be automatically directed to the verification screen in-app.
To complete the process you’ll need to upload a Proof of Identity (POI) document, and take a video selfie in the Wirex app. So please make sure you have an appropriate document with you before you get started. Your POI document should be a valid government-issued document and needs to match the personal information you provided when creating your Wirex account. After you upload your POI document you will also be asked to submit a video selfie. The process should only take a few minutes
First, check that your document includes:
your full name
your date of birth (DOB)
the document’s expiration or validity date
High-quality color images of any one of the following documents are acceptable (if you’re a resident of an Asia-Pacific country, also take a look at the full list of accepted identity documents for your region)
a valid government-issued passport ( the page with the machine-readable code ONLY);
a valid government-issued identity card (both sides);
a valid government-issued driver's license (both sides);
for non-resident aliens: a work permit, a resident card or any other identification document issued by the host country.
Your documents must be in English.
To upload your POI document and verify your Wirex account, please follow these steps:
1. When it's time to verify your identity, you will be automatically redirected from the Dashboard to the Verify your Identity screen. You can also start the verification in Preferences > Profile.
2. Tap Verify Identity.
3. You’ll be asked to upload your POI document now. Select which document you would like to upload.
4. Next, provide the document number.
5. Take a photo of the document, following the on-screen instructions. Make sure that the image of your document is not blurred, does not show any glare and is not cropped, so that all details are clearly readable.
6. If you need to retake the photo, tap Take a new picture. Once you are satisfied that the picture of your POI is clear and fully readable, tap My document is readable to submit the image.
Note: pictures of Proof of Identity documents or selfies opened on a computer screen will not be accepted
Verification is usually completed within 5 minutes, although it may take longer in certain cases. Once your documents are verified, you will receive an email and in-app notification.
This guide is about verifying your identity. Check out our guide to verifying your address and verifying your mobile number, we’ve also written a guide on verifying your source of funds, in case we’ve asked you to do that.