Understanding Memo/Destination Tags:
A memo or destination tag is a unique identifier required for certain cryptocurrency transactions, such as XRP, XLM, EOS, BNB, and similar digital assets. This code helps the receiving party identify the sender, ensuring that your funds reach the intended destination correctly.
Our team strives to minimize any potential confusion. Consequently, when you choose your needed currency within the Wirex app, a warning notification should appear if a memo/destination tag is required for that specific currency.
If You Deposited Cryptocurrency Without a Memo/Tag:
If you've initiated a cryptocurrency transfer to your Wirex account without specifying a memo/destination tag or if you provided an incorrect one, here are the steps to follow:
- Gather the Required Information:
- Obtain the Transaction ID or Transaction Hash associated with the deposit.
- Provide proof that the transaction was sent to your Wirex account. This proof should include a screenshot from the sender's side, clearly displaying the deposit address used.
- Note: Screenshots from the blockchain explorer cannot be considered proof.
- Contact Our Support Team:
- Use the email address registered with your Wirex account to submit a support request.
- Include all the gathered information, such as the Transaction ID, proof of the transaction, and any other relevant details.
Please note that cases of missing or incorrect memos/destination tags are relatively uncommon, so it may take some time for our support team to process your request thoroughly. Rest assured, we're here to assist you in resolving this issue and ensuring your cryptocurrency transfer is successfully credited to your Wirex account.