Payment cards aren’t exactly new to Wirex — and bringing back something you’ve done before isn’t always that exciting. An ex is an ex for a reason, right?
Well, not in this case, not at all. Take a look at what arrived last week at Wirex HQ and we’re so excited to start processing orders for delivery.
No more waiting lists. No more delays. No more ‘when are cards available?!’
Delivery in the UK begins today and card orders for the rest of Europe begin next week.
We’ve revamped, rejuvenated and rejigged our offering and brought it back stronger and better than ever.
Here are the highlights:
- It’s contactless, bringing it right up to date with the increasingly touch-free nature of today’s world.
- It’s a debit card. Not pre-paid – debit. You also get an account number and sort code (just like a traditional bank) so you spend the money in your account with the card.
- You can use it anywhere in the world where Visa is accepted (that’s literally millions of places). You can also quickly exchange between USD, GBP and EUR, making spending abroad that bit easier.
- We’re big on security, so naturally it was a huge factor for us when developing the new card. Secure payments across the board (online, in-store and ATM cash withdrawals) are standard. We’ve upped our advanced in-app security, offer chip & pin as an alternative payment verification method and the ability to block and unblock the card from the app. If you misplace it, easily prevent any rogue transactions by blocking it. Simply unblock it if you find it again, or order a new card if not.
- One of the most exciting new things is our exclusive Cryptoback program. You’ll get 0.5% back (redeemable in Bitcoin) on every in-store purchase you make, anywhere in the world. No-one else is doing that! You will be able to redeem your rewards in Bitcoin from a separate rewards account within the app.
The Wirex card is the perfect addition to our ever-evolving personal finance platform. Plus, (for a limited time) it’s 100% FREE to order. No cost for the card and no delivery charge either.
It’s our way of saying Thank You to the community for your patience and understanding over the past few months as our business and development teams have worked their socks off to rebuild the Wirex platform for the future.
Getting your hands on one is quick and easy.
They’re available to verified users only, so if you haven’t yet, now is a good time to get verified. Thankfully, it’s a quick process and should only take a couple of minutes once you’ve gathered your documents.
We have more exciting announcements to come, so stay tuned.
Take a look at our other recent updates here.