Launch of Waitlist for Revolutionary Multicurrency Mastercard Card
We have now launched the waitlist for our highly-anticipated Wirex multicurrency card, taking us one step closer to becoming the ultimate cryptocurrency platform. The move comes following the announcement of a product overhaul, with the launch of a Mastercard-enabled card heralding a number of game-changing product updates that will change the alternative payments space forever.
What is the New Wirex Mastercard Card?
Just days after our record-breaking crowdfunding campaign came to a close, raising £3.7 million in 2 weeks, we have launched the waitlist for a new multicurrency Mastercard debit card. This comes after being announced as financial services giant Mastercard’s first ‘crypto-native’ principal member in July, and will be available to customers in the EEA region. The new product endeavours to achieve Wirex’s core aim of bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream, by making it even easier for our 3.1 million customers to utilise multiple cryptocurrencies in everyday life.
Due to launch in November, the new card is linked to 19 secure currency accounts in the Wirex app, allowing Wirex cardholders to seamlessly spend multiple fiat and cryptocurrencies, anywhere that accepts Mastercard, without exchanging or offboarding. We believe that game-changing features like this, combined with exclusive interbank and OTC exchange rates, high limits and next-to-no fees, gives the new Wirex multicurrency card a significant advantage over its competitors – with some going so far as to suggest that it could set a new standard in the FinTech and crypto payments space.
Key features of the New Card
- Multicurrency travel card
- Ability to buy, hold, exchange and spend 10 digital and 9 traditional currencies
- Available in 31 countries
- Low-to-no commission on crypto purchases
- No monthly fee
- Free International ATM Withdrawals, with high limits Cryptoback™ rewards
- Best in-market rates
- Free card delivery
- Automatically activated accounts
- In-app live chat support
- Cross-border transactions with SEPA, SWIFT and Faster Payments to anywhere in the world
- Immediate cascading to a different currency in a prespecified order in case of low funds
- In-app currency exchange rates
An Exciting Few Months at Wirex
The release of the new card is the latest in a long line of developments for us. We recently announced a next-generation product overhaul, which began with a partnership with payment solution company LHV, including the launch of five new currencies, free multicurrency individual IBANs, free SEPA multicurrency transfers, and zero foreign exchange fees.
Wirex has already proven our innovation in the field prior to this, by not only debuting the world’s first crypto-compatible Visa debit card, but also the first crypto rewards scheme, Cryptoback™, enabling users to automatically earn free cryptocurrency by spending in-stores with their Wirex cards. To complete the product overhaul, we announced a significant upgrade of this rewards system, including up to 2% Cryptoback™ rewards for all Wirex card spending (online and in-store) and up to 6% APR on customer’s Wirex token (WXT) balance*.
Pavel Matveev, our co-founder and CEO, shared his excitement about the upcoming launch: “Since becoming the first-crypto native platform to achieve principal membership with Mastercard, and hinting at the launch of a revolutionary new Wirex Mastercard card in the EEA region, there has been an overwhelming response from users wanting to be the first to get their hands on the product. It’s always been our aim to bridge the gap between the traditional and digital economy, and the benefits that the new product brings will realise this even further.”
Get Early Access Today!
- From today, new and existing users from across the EEA region are invited to join the waitlist for this much-anticipated product using the following link
- Investors of Wirex’s recent crowdfund will be the first to receive the card. After this, users can secure themselves priority access to the waiting list and card by referring their friends and sharing the news within their social networks
- Distribution of the card will begin with UK customers, with release to the rest of the EEA region planned afterwards
*APR refers to projected staking rewards on WXT balances held with Wirex