The Wirex Wallet: a quick guide to the app
Want to enjoy your digital assets without worrying about losing access to them? The non-custodial Wirex Wallet operates a futuristic keyless entry system, which means you can do just that.
Whereas most other non-custodial wallets require private keys and complex seed phrases, the Wirex Wallet keeps things simple by using secure multi-party computation (SMPC) technology. This involves an encrypted set of secrets distributed between your device and Wirex - without a single point of failure, only you can access your account.
Plus, you can recover your Wirex Wallet at any time with our innovative biometric backup feature. All you need is your face or fingerprint!
The Wirex Wallet is located within the Wirex ecosystem, but operates outside of the Wirex app. Unlike the Wirex app, it offers non-custodial crypto storage, as well as direct access to popular DeFi platforms and protocols.
Ready to give it a go?
Get your Wirex Wallet up and running in just a few steps:
- Download the Wirex Wallet app.
- Create an account - all you need is an email address.
- Check your emails for a verification code and enter it when prompted.
- Create a PIN and/or register your biometrics (face or fingerprint).
- Back up your account using biometrics or a QR code by going to Profile then Account recovery.
Please note: you will need to do this before you can make any transactions.
A guide to the Wirex Wallet
Downloaded the Wirex Wallet but not sure what to do next? Here’s a simple guide to the app for you.
Start by opening the app and logging in. Here’s an overview of the different sections you’ll find:
- Portfolio: here's where you can store your crypto and NFTs. The Total Portfolio section at the top of the screen shows the combined value of all your digital assets.
- Activity: here you’ll find a summary of any actions you’ve made in-app so far. Scroll horizontally at the top of the screen to pick between: All, Receive, Send, Buy, Swap, Approve, Earn and Security.
- Actions: this is where all the action happens! Choose from the following icons: Receive, Send, Buy, Sell, Swap, Earn and WalletConnect. This is the place to be if you want to transfer funds, make a swap, buy or sell a token or access popular DeFi earning protocols. WalletConnect is an open-source protocol that lets your wallet connect to and interact with DApps and other wallets.
- Profile: here's where you’ll find information about your account. You can add contacts in Contacts, set your biometric backup and find other ways to recover your account in Account Recovery, turn on 2FA in Two-factor authentication and speak to a member of the team in Support.