Wirex payment cards are back!
May 9, 2018, 10:18:00 AM Published By Wirex Team
Payment cards arent exactly new to Wirex and bringing back something youve done before isnt always that exciting. An ex is an ex for a reason, right? Well, not in this case, not at all. Take a look at what arrived last week at Wirex HQ and were so excited to start processing orders for delivery. No more waiting lists. No more delays. No more when are cards available?! Delivery in the UK begins today and card orders for the rest of Europe begin next week. Weve revamped, rejuvenated and rejigged our offering and brought it back stronger and better than ever. Order a card Here are the highlights:
- Its contactless, bringing it right up to date with the increasingly touch-free nature of todays world.
- Its a debit card. Not pre-paid - debit. You also get an account number and sort code (just like a traditional bank) so you spend the money in your account with the card.
- You can use it anywhere in the world where Visa is accepted (thats literally millions of places). You can also quickly exchange between USD, GBP and EUR, making spending abroad that bit easier.
- Were big on security, so naturally it was a huge factor for us when developing the new card. Secure payments across the board (online, in-store and ATM cash withdrawals) are standard. Weve upped our advanced in-app security, offer chip & pin as an alternative payment verification method and the ability to block and unblock the card from the app. If you misplace it, easily prevent any rogue transactions by blocking it. Simply unblock it if you find it again, or order a new card if not.
- One of the most exciting new things is our exclusive Cryptoback program. Youll get 0.5% back (redeemable in Bitcoin) on every in-store purchase you make, anywhere in the world. No-one else is doing that! You will be able to redeem your rewards in Bitcoin from a separate rewards account within the app.