When you open an account with Wirex, we’ll ask you to verify a few things: your phone number, your identity and if necessary, your address.
What Is Address Verification?
Address verification helps us confirm the personal information you submit to Wirex when you open your account.
Note: Due to regulatory requirements, you may be required to re-verify your documents periodically.
What you’ll need
To confirm your address, you’ll need to take a picture of a Proof of Address document that corresponds to the personal and residential address information you supplied when you applied for your Wirex account.
The document must meet the following criteria:
It must show your full name.
It must show your residence address.
It must show the document’s date of issue.
Your document must be written in Latin characters or have a certified translation attached.
We can accept any one of the following documents:
Documents that need to be dated within the last 3 months:
- Bank Statement (must show transaction history or summary indicating cash in/out)
- Utility Bill (must contain a description of the services provided, service address must match residential address)
- Bank Reference dated within the last 3 months (must confirm how long the account has been held, contain a bank stamp and signature, online produced documents won't be accepted)
- A Government-issued letter related to tax or benefits (online produced documents won't be accepted)
Documents that need to be dated within the last 12 months:
- Council Tax Bill
- Home Insurance Documents (service address must match residential address, online produced documents won't be accepted)
- Certificate of Residence (it must be stamped and signed, or at least stamped, online produced documents won't be accepted)
Documents that need to be within the printed expiry date found on the document:
- Government-issued ID Card (must contain address)
- Government-issued Driving Licence (must contain address)
NB! Please note that we cannot use your Government-issued ID Card or Driving Licence if the same document was used to complete your identification process when you joined Wirex.
How to upload your Proof of Address document
Log in to your Wirex account.
When it's time to verify your address, you'll be automatically redirected from the Dashboard to the Verify your Address screen. Please note that you can only upload your Proof of Address documents in the Wirex app, not on our desktop platform. You can also start the verification process from your app by going to Preferences > Profile.
Tap Prove Address.
On the Confirm residential address screen, review your information and tap Confirm.
Note: if the Confirm button is inactive, check that you’ve filled in your information correctly.
On the Address Verification screen, tap Choose document and select the document you'd like to provide for verification.
Tap the camera icon to take a photo of your Proof of Address document.
How to take the perfect photo of your Proof of Address document
Make sure that the image of your document is not blurry and does not show any glare
Make sure that the image of your document is not cropped, so that the full page and the information on it are legible.
If you need to retake the photo, tap Take a new picture.
Once you are satisfied that the picture of your Proof of Identity document is clear and legible, tap My document is readable to submit the image.
If you need to add more photos, tap the camera icon again. When all the photos are added, tap Submit to send your POA documents for verification.
You will see a submission confirmation. This means your documents were successfully sent for processing.
Verification usually takes about 20 minutes, although it can be longer in certain cases when manual check is required. Once your documents are verified (or rejected), you will receive an email and an in-app notification.